TITLE: Associate Accountant (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Finance & Administration
SUMMARY: Assists Senior Director of Finance & Administration in the processing of daily cash receipts, database updates, bank deposits, collections, data reconciliation in database conversion period, accounts payable processing, budget input, bank reconciliation, and other ad hoc projects.
This is a part-time position with 21 to 24 hours per week. We are looking for a 6-month minimum commitment to this position, and will review the position at the end of June 2017.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and apply payments received from members on a daily basis utilizing Chamber database. Prepare cash receipts for deposit to bank each day.
- Apply member credit card payments to database on a daily basis.
- Extract reports or member information from database for management as required.
- Generate outstanding invoices and monthly statements to members.
- Track and generate a monthly report regarding new members, dropped members, upgrades and downgrades. Distribute report to appropriate manager and departments for review and input.
- Write up and input accounts payable invoices in accounting software, update vendor contact, file invoices weekly.
- Assist with budget input and year-end audit process.
- Explore current practices; recommend opportunities for greater efficiency & solutions.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor degree in Business. 1+ years of related experience.
- Strong computer and database skills including Accpac, SQL, Quickbooks and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Capacity to plan tasks to meet daily, weekly, monthly deadlines
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Discretion with confidential information
The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, creed, ancestry, color, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap, veteran's status, or sexual orientation. The Chamber aims to provide a work environment conducive to mutual respect and freedom from harassment.